Mein Blog ist umgezogen!

Falls du nicht automatisch weitergeleitet wirst, klicke hier!

Montag, 18. Mai 2015

Top 4 things I love about Austria

I just came back from my short trip to the Mosel region in Germany where I did many winetastings. But today I would like to refer to my trip to Graz and Vienna again.


Citycenter Graz
Graz - city center
I am somebody who is always on the road. That is why "immer unterwegs" (meaning always on the road) is the title of my blog. Through my blog I am trying to convince you to do something else than always working, caring about kids, doing sports, studying, watching TV or "relax". My aim is to guide you how to to see other places on a budget and without planning much. You don`t have to go very far. If you are from Germany, Switzerland or Italy I show you why Austria is a good country for a short trip. Here are the top 4 things I love about Austria including pictures from Graz (located two hours away from Vienna):

1. The language

As a German, I love the austrian dialect. It is german, but the sound and the words are very often totally different than I would speak. Austrians use old words which Germans wouldn`t think about anymore. The sound is simply amazing especially the one used in Graz.
If you are from Germany, Switerland or Italy than Graz or Vienna are close enough for a city trip by car or plane (you can find cheap flights by One Two Trip). You can simply work around and enjoy the sound of the nice austrian dialect. To all Austrians: It is a compliment and nothing else, I really love to hear you speaking!
If you are from other countries than enjoy the sound as well and let people explain you about what they are talking. Maybe the words are similar to your own language from the sound?

2. The food


Put together your one dish
Wiener Schnitzel, Sachertorte, Apfelstrudel, Eierspeis, Pfandl, Donouts. Amazing food and the funny thing is in Graz you can put some of those dishes together how you want to have them. You may know those sheets from Cocktail bars, but cafes and restaurant in Austria have the same. They call it "Bausatz" (construction kit).
You should try Wiener Schnitzel and Sachertorte in Vienna, not somewhere else. From there are the real dishes. Besides the dishes the cafes and restaurants are unique in this beautiful capital. Waiter and Waitresses are dressed perfectly with a bow tie as I told you in my last blog post about Vienna.

3. The landscape

I really love the landscape of Austria with the mountains and the very green and colored nature everywhere in spring. Especially Graz is very green and cosy.

I was also impressed by the the Alps. I came to Graz by plane and before we landed we were able to see snow on the peak of the mountains. To my shame I have never been to Austria before. Not even for ski vacation.

4. The architecture

Architecture is influenced most by the historical epoch. Austria is a very traditional and old country that was most of the time ruled by Austrians. They had emperors and empresses for long, long times. If there are kings or emperors they "need" to be entertained or they simply have to show their power and money. In Austria you see great Operas, palaces, town halls, theaters or churches from those times. I noticed that the huge old buildings are very often white with marble or gold and the buildings were built including pillars. If you are a dreamer like me sometimes you can see aristocracy walk around.



Now it is your time to tell me from your top things you love about Austria and what you liked most about this country. Do you love history and food so much than I do? Do you think Austria is worth a journey? How do you like the pictures from Graz? I am super happy about your comments.

Yours,
Anna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen